By Lisa Bracken
Director of Admission, Lakehill Preparatory School
I love lists. So when the New Year approaches, I get especially energized. Now this will date me, but growing up, I always looked forward to listening to Casey Kasem’s American Top 40 best songs of the year. And, I still love hearing the year-end lists of best movies, books, etc. Now, I’m busy making my own New Year’s lists of goals and ideas. Some are on paper; others swirl in my head hoping to materialize. My family laughs at me when I talk in lists. I’ll often say, “Well first, now second, and finally…” You can imagine how I felt when David Letterman retired. What, no top 10 lists? What to do?
So, when I offered to write Lakehill’s January blog, of course I knew I had to make a list! My twin middle school girls proudly call Lakehill Prep their school home, and it’s where I serve as the Director of Admission. So from the perspective of both a parent, and an admission officer, here is my list of favorite things about Lakehill!
This list can go on and on, but for brevity’s sake, here are my top five:
- The Headmaster greets children at the door each day. And warmly. With a handshake.
- The faculty is passionate about teaching. It shows. Students shine.
- Class size is small and interactive. On purpose. With thought.
- You’re not a number at Lakehill. You matter.
- Our graduates rock college acceptances. 100% of them. Every year. With scholarships.
So, please have a wonderful 2017, and our best to you and yours. Come by and visit to check out my list for yourself. You’ll find that and so much more.
Happy New Year!
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2017-18 school year. To find out more about Lakehill, visit lakehillprep.org.